With all that sunshine and all that rain, summers in Tallahassee, Florida can get mighty steamy. You can’t live without a reliable air conditioning system when it’s hot and muggy outside. Now that energy prices are soaring, though, it’s essential to use your AC as efficiently as possible.
An Inefficient AC System Will Waste Your Cash
Efficient use of your air conditioning system will not only help you save money in the short run by cutting back on expensive energy use, but it will also help you save money in the long run by prolonging the operational life of your HVAC system. Another benefit? You’ll be helping to protect the environment. Efficient AC use produces fewer greenhouse gases that contribute to air pollution.
6 Tips to Help You Cut AC Costs
Here are six tips to help you use your air conditioning system most effectively all summer long and help you keep expenses down.
- Check your HVAC filter: A clogged or dirty air filter obstructs the flow of cool air from your equipment. This can raise your AC system’s energy usage by 5% to 10%.
- Clean your condenser coils: Dirty condenser coils can affect your condenser’s ability to transfer indoor heat to the outside.
- Make sure your coil fins are straight: Coil fins are those thin metal strips on your evaporator and condenser. When coil fins get bent, they can interfere with thermal energy exchange.
- Use a smart thermostat: HVAC equipment has come a long way in the past year. These technology improvements can help you use your air conditioning equipment precisely when needed and not a second longer.
- Run your AC on fan mode: If what you’re looking for is not a temperature plunge but a refreshing breeze, try switching on the blower fan.
- Don’t blast the cold air: Sudden shifts in temperature increase demand on your AC system that use up a disproportionate amount of energy and cost you money.
Let Our Team Help You Optimize Your AC
Of course, the primary reason why your AC may not be operating at peak efficiency is that it needs some TLC. That’s where the Payne’s Heating and Air Conditioning team comes into the picture. We offer maintenance on air conditioning equipment, heat pumps, and other types of HVAC equipment. We also provide a range of affordable maintenance plans that will keep your AC system in tip-top shape without you having to worry about booking an appointment.
Remember that it probably costs less to do a yearly tune-up than to finance expensive repairs. Payne’s Heating and Air Conditioning is a locally owned and operated company, and we’ve been serving home and business owners throughout Tallahassee and the surrounding area for more than 25 years. Call us today to schedule a free estimate.